Napa City Banner
Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Bookmark and Share
File #: 115-2021    Version: 1 Name:
Type: Consent Calendar Status: Passed
File created: 3/23/2021 In control: CITY COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF NAPA
On agenda: 5/4/2021 Final action: 5/4/2021
Title: Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Program Annual Action Plan
Attachments: 1. ATCH 1 - Resolution, 2. EX A - Draft Annual Action Plan, 3. EX B - CDBG Funding Chart, 4. EX C - CDBG Certifications, 5. EX D - SF424, 6. EX E - SF424D
To: Honorable Mayor and Members of City Council

From: Vincent Smith, Community Development Director

Prepared By: Lark Ferrell, Housing Manager

TITLE:
Title
Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Program Annual Action Plan

LABEL
RECOMMENDED ACTION:
Recommendation

Adopt a resolution approving the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Fiscal Year 2021-2022 Annual Action Plan (the "Annual Action Plan") and program budget, approving program certifications, and authorizing the City Manager to execute all documents.

Body
DISCUSSION:
The CDBG Annual Action Plan identifies specifically how the City's CDBG funding shall be allocated for Fiscal Year 2021-2022. This must be prepared in accordance with the priorities identified in the City of Napa 2020-2025 Consolidated Plan.

The total available CDBG funding for Fiscal Year 2021-2022 is $660,330. This includes $637,430 in CDBG grant funds, and $22,900, which is 20% of anticipated program income from the City's revolving loan fund. Based on recent HUD guidance, the City can utilize 20% of revolving loan fund repayments for its CDBG activities, with the remaining 80% remaining in the revolving loan fund to be used specifically for rehab loans and grants.

Under CDBG regulations, up to 20% of the City's CDBG grant plus the current year's program income that is not kept in a revolving loan fund, is available for planning and administration. No more than 15% of the CDBG grant and previous year's program income may be used on public service activities. The remaining funds must be spent on Community Development activities.

The CDBG Citizens' Advisory Committee reviewed and rated applications and made funding recommendations in March. The amount of funding requested by applicants exceeded available funding by over $121,000, requiring the CDBG Citizens' Advisory Committee to make some difficult choices.

The following funding allocations have been incorporated into the City's Fiscal Year 2021-2022 Annual Action P...

Click here for full text